Thank you for your interest in coordinating a food drive! The following guidelines answer the most commonly asked questions about holding a food drive. For complete information, be sure to Download the Food and Fund Drive Kit.
• Collection Barrels are available for free to anyone interested in holding a food drive. Your help in picking up the barrel from our warehouse is appreciated but if pickup is not possible, delivery of barrels can be arranged.
• The Idaho Foodbank will pick up full barrels at the end of your drive. Please give us a minimum of two days’ notice when scheduling your pickup.
• If you are able to deliver the food to any of our branch warehouses, we will help you unload and give you a total weight right away. Deliveries can be made any time Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 and 5.
• Every item helps! Don’t be afraid that your drive is “not big enough”. We value each drive and encourage you to give it a try and help make a difference in ending hunger.
• Consider holding a Virtual Food Drive to complement your physical food drive. Virtual drives offer a convenient way to engage a broader audience and appeal to donors who prefer to make a monetary donation.
To get your food drive started download and fill out the Food Drive Event Registration Form:
Save and email back the form (instructions on how to do this are on the form)
If you have any questions email email@example.com.
If you need our logo to create flyers to get the word out, please contact us to obtain the logo in various formats and our latest guidelines.
The Idaho Foodbank is an independent 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization
comprised of a partner network of more than 200 hunger relief agencies
throughout the state of Idaho.